Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Past

Before I was taken from my proper place in time, I was a member of Koyangi clan, the greatest Samurai clan in all of Japan. Or at least I was, before the demon came. He arrived shortly after the death of our clan leader, my grandfather, died of old age. Being the eldest, my brother was next in line and become our leader in the following month.

He was a honorable and highly respected man, making him the perfect target for the demon. At first the signs of its existence were so small I barely noticed, but it started becoming more and more clear. My brothers voice became more raspy and rough, his movements became slower with each day, and his hair started falling.

I was willing to dismiss it as a combination of stress and aging, but my ignorance was finally shattered when he commanded the deaths of our neighboring enemies without any warning. Under the demons orders, every single one of them was slaughtered, even the children who posed no threat. Such atrocities would never be committed by my brother, making it obvious that he had been taken over by an outside force.        

I challenged the demon for control and ultimately lost due to its dishonorable tactics and my hesitation to kill my brother, even when I knew his mind was long gone. The demon was so cruel it even denied me a proper death, stating that having my head chopped off by his blade would be far too kind for such a traitor. So instead I was banished from my clan and was forced to move to a far off land.

If there is one good thing that came out of, its the fact that the mysterious being that brought me to this tower has given me purpose.          

No comments:

Post a Comment