Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Bottom

Have you ever wanted to travel into the future? Well, that wish was certainly granted for me.

Imagine sleeping in your home in 1214 and waking up in 2014 in something called "a hotel room." It was a very startling discovery to say the least, but not as much as the note at the end of my bed:

"Dear Yoshimatu Koyanagi,

You're probably asking yourself what this place is, but I can assure you that is not important. All you need to know is that the only way to escape back to your life is to make your way to the 35th floor of this grand tower. For each floor you climb you shall be tested, and if you are deemed unworthy, the cost will be far worse than anything you can possibly imagine. But you are not alone in your endeavor. There are many more constants that you can join and fight alongside, but be careful. You can never truly trust a stranger.

Oh and if you wish to document your journey like the others, you can find instructions on the back of this note."

Before I started writing this down, I took the liberty to search information on just about everything about this time period. The changes my homeland has gone through the centuries are both magnificent and terrifying at the same time. As much as I am proud of the advancements in knowledge and technology Japan has achieved, I can not help but feel ashamed and disgusted by many of the actions they have taken in order to get to where it is today.

The rest of the world is equally as interesting, but I can not waste anymore time here.

I must escape this tower.        

No comments:

Post a Comment